Thursday 24 November 2016

50 POUNDS???

So, yesterday, one of my uncles (not related by blood though), had 50 pounds on him, and asked me to go to the regular junctions of the acmd (aboki change my dollars) and ask how much they would change 1pound to in naira, but somehow, someone else went, when the guy came back, he delivered the result, saying a pound cost 540 in naira, i was confused at first then i thought deeeeply. 540 x 50 = 27,000.


Myself that had been in need of N150,000 for my tuition fees, knowing that my parents were trying to get money in this recession, and my elder brother in school, and my younger ones too in school, i didn't even have the guts to ask my uncles and aunts that i needed money, so i kept it to myself. Thinking about N540 per pound, i calculated and concluded that i needed approximately 300 pounds and comparing it to 300naira, Ohhh boy...

I wanted to time travel to the future.

But today, i was still thinking about the 540naira equivalence to 1pound, when i went to google the real price of a pound converted to naira. Guess what???
 
And i'm like, why does google like breaking people's heart without being in love???
I asked my uncle, and he told me that the 'acmd's' were more profitable in this situation as they sold the currencies as "black markets", while the banks sold it at the fixed 'google' price. Impressive, i thought, as i knew i didn't like anything related to 'black markets'.

Anyway, i was just thinking about getting "internationally connected" by calling someone to send me just 200 pounds (just like i will send 200naira), but who do i call???
And i couldn't possibly get a blog reader to send me money like naijasinglegirl *i don't own a personally published book yet, so i can't display my account number* *smirk*.

Anyhow, i was told not to run faster than my destiny, so i would be patient and watch what God will do for me...

1 comment:

What do you think?

TODAY'S Q/A POST: HOW DO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES VIEW NIGERIANS?

Source: Quora.com