Friday 7 October 2016

BUHARI 'A NEW BEGINNING'


I'm not a fan of news (i.e. Government, History, Political and others).
But the other day, i remember reading a novel late at night after others, except my uncle had gone to bed, i didn't want to put off the TV, unless, i didn't want to achieve my aim of finishing "Americanah by Chimamanda N. A" that night.


I didn't want a movie on TV to distract me from reading, so i switched to NTA, and i saw the headline "Presentation and launching of a Pictorial Book, 'BUHARI, A New Beginning'".
I said to myself, "awesome", whilst Nigerians are languishing in pain and suffering, these people are launching a 'best-selling book'.


I kept reading the novel, and momentarily stare at the TV, it got to a point that i had to drop the book and continued listening to the words of the 'famous, best-selling people'.

I saw TY Bello and some other people being called on stage for a '5 minute speech' each, including His Excellency, President Muhammad Buhari.

Then i felt it, a pang, i felt a real, sharp pang.
Why? You would ask!

His Excellency looked skinny, his being skinny not because he lacked food or he hadn't been eating well, it was because of the stress he had being going through. Some Nigerians including me might think that there are men older than PMB who are still very active. I placed His Excellency in the position of my Father in another world, even though my dad is still active, i won't watch him suffer and stress himself over people that, at the end of the day, would hurl insults at him and forget he ever existed.

I don't usually feel like this for politicians, but i believe His Excellency is trying the best he can do to save this country, this nation that is falling apart, i don't understand why the country had to place ALL its burdens on a man, (whether old or young).

I, as an adolescent, said i will achieve my aims in the USA, or in a foreign country, but someone made me realize the advantages and disadvantages of my wish.

As a teenager, i said i will achieve my AMBITIONS in Nigeria and NIGERIA ONLY, and i still remember arguing with my high school mates. They asked me what foreign country i would like to travel to, and i said i wasn't traveling anywhere, and they were like "What if someone offers you to stay with them in CANADA or any other great place? and i replied saying i would reject the offer without thinking twice (they thought i went crazy at that time - and maybe I was).

But with the situation of the country, i am ready to escape to any better country that would help me get rid of the sufferings my people and i face.

So, what am i driving at?
Nigeria, a Great Country, the Giant of Africa, is going to survive this, this is a period to go by, to pass by and strive through.

Sometimes, at work, some adults start complaining of how lazy my (our) generation is.
They want all the good things of life, but they are not ready to work hard for it.
But, what they don't understand is that, not all our plans can be divulged to them.

And i tell you, my parents, not even my closest sibling (my older brother), knows my plan . So, nobody should be judged in a reckless manner.

And, you have a part, a role to play in developing this country.
The change starts from you and me. (Lol...not an advert on TVC or any other channel!!!).

Anyways, lets keep praying positively for this country and for our leaders!!!
And i know, i foresee that SOMEDAY, other countries will be (comment reserved for then).

Lest i forget, that book about BUHARI is FOR REAL!!!
Yeah...its a pictorial book written by his personal photographer, Mr. Bayo Omoboriowo.
And i imagine the picture of His Excellency and Mark Zuckerberg together in the book
I don't have much information of the book, but i do know that it is a collection of some of "President Buahri's Adventures" and other ones i don't know about. And, honestly, i do look forward to seeing the book.

And my AMERICANAH Novel? I went back to it and finished it reading it around 2am in the morning before i went to sleep.

Which of your aims got tarnished and affected by the country?
Drop a comment below...

TODAY'S Q/A POST: HOW DO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES VIEW NIGERIANS?

Source: Quora.com