Tuesday 20 June 2017

WHAT'S NEW???

Recently, i got a mail from Ijeoma @klassykinks, and reading through her messages, i see me in her younger self, though there are some differences which i crossed out in the message as shown below - 

A couple weeks ago marked 7 years since I cut off all my relaxer and embraced my natural hair. It feels like forever ago, especially since so much has changed. Seven years ago, I was an insecure 19 year old in an abusive relationship who was afraid to ask questions in classes, gave up her love of writing because it didn't seem cool, and made decisions based on other people's thoughts and influences. (I've been thinking about doing these until now).


Naptural, cutting my hair forced me to re-evaluate my notion of beauty and self, and sent me on a several year-long whirlwind growth season where I blossomed into the woman I am today. I became confident enough in my intelligence to hustle my way into a PhD program. I began writing again, and have since built a part-time career first as a natural hair blogger, and now, as a lifestyle blogger. I reinvigorated my relationship with God so that my decisions are made with his guidance. I loved myself enough to let someone love me the right way - to the point that he was willing to endure the craziness of a huge Nigerian wedding!

Now I don't think that I would still be a hot mess if I didn't cut my hair in May 2010. I sure hope God would have intervened in my life at some point. BUT I do know that sometimes we hesitate to take the next step because we won't see immediate results. Your hair won't grow to your shoulders, you won't lose ten pounds, and you won't become a successful entrepreneur overnight. It very well might take seven years, but if you don't just START, you'll never get to where you want to be.

Well, i have to confess that i just big-chopped -
The front portion of my hair was already touching my lower lip, but there's always a spirit, an evil spirit telling me at the back of my mind that there's something wrong with my hair and the only solution is to big chop.

So, that day, i got back from lecture and told my school mom 😊 that she would help me make my hair the day after, she agreed and i went into my room, sat down on the bed, sighted my hair scissors sitting in the trolley, took it and dipped it in my hair and oops, i cut all my beautiful hair off.
Though i do not regret my action in the slightest and i think it is dope, my friends have been nagging me and liked me less. Lol...just kidding.

I know its kind of reckless that i just almost uploaded a picture of myself, but i don't mind and besides, i think the blog has been boring and i've got less time too, and i've also been having sleepless nights, so i'd post more updates on my thoughts and though its late in the mid-year, i'd also post my 2017 Budget / Goals.

Till then,
Gracias,
Saranghae, Te Amo, Love Yo💝
NappyVicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

TODAY'S Q/A POST: HOW DO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES VIEW NIGERIANS?

Source: Quora.com